About ICF Gulf Coast
The ICF Gulf Coast Chapter formed from a vision shared by three coaches from neighboring states Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana who aspired to bring together coaches from the Gulf States. Their goal to establish a strong and sustainable chapter, committed to creating support and connection among coaches in the area, was achieved in early 2013. Since that time, coaches from the Florida panhandle have joined this community, expanding our range of professional involvement and fulfilling our dream of a strong and active chapter. In 2014 we will obtain charter chapter status from the ICF.
We welcome ICF members from the Gulf Coast region to join our chapter. Contact the membership chair for additional information.
For individuals and organizations who would like to engage the services of a coach, please see Find a Coach for a list of highly qualified coaches.
2015-2016 Board of Directors
2014-2015 Board of Directors
L-R: Sue Schleifer, Secretary/Treasurer; Sheila Baker, President/Marketing Chair; Susan Hayman, Vice President; Craig S. Juengling, Program/Events Chair
To Members and New Members
As President of the Gulf Coast Chapter, I want to thank all 102 of you who renewed their ICF membership and designated our chapter as your own! We have grown significantly since our founding in 2014, thanks to your commitment to coaching excellence.
Our Board has been working through ways to manage the growth in our membership. As discussed with those who attended the Annual Workshop, the funding rebates we received from the ICF, have allowed us to get to this point, but we need a larger and stable source of revenue to continue our services and engage our members.
Beginning this July 2017, the ICF Gulf Coast will begin charging $50 for annual dues. The following will be included as a benefit of membership:
- 9 free continuing education credits through attending the “monthly” web conferences
- 15% discount to the Annual Workshop, worth around $90 when combined with early bird registration
- Free attendance to our virtual and in-person coach’s “Meet Ups” in the states we cover
- Free visibility to be featured on our website/social media and with “Find A Coach” (under development
- Discounted attendance to Special Interest Groups (under development), for in-depth learning about how to build your practice, executive coaching and cutting-edge coaching practices.
Please know that your $50 membership fee will enrich and further develop our local chapter. We are a robust network of local coaches and this will allow us to grow with our members and ensure we are providing high quality development and resources for you. You will be receiving an invoice from our Treasurer (referred to as a “pledge” in QuickBooks) for your annual dues.
I also wanted to bring you up to date on the great work of your Board. We have had an active 2017 thus far, with planning and managing growth.
- Thanks to Rachelle Triay (Membership Chair), we gained over 38 new members in fiscal 2017, with 87% renewal of members this May!
- Shout out to Judy Micale (Secretary) for managing our International Coaching Week events for this year, and adeptly managing our minutes!
- Thumbs up to Brian Hotard (VP + Treasurer) for managing the money and helping us choose Pixlrabbit, our new partner for web site management, communications and social media! … and a huge thanks for Grady Batchelor and Sheila Baker, for years of managing the “electronic” infrastructure thus far.
- A superlative kudo to Tamar Starck (Programs Chair) for a fantastic annual workshop and the engaging monthly continuing education web conferences.
- Special thanks for one of our founders, Susan Hayman (Past President) for pitching in everywhere AND having the vision and perseverance to get us where we are today.
- Welcome to Kimberly Charlesworth (Communications and Marketing Chair) who will help us transition to even greater things in our partnership with Pixlrabbit.
Craig S. Juengling
Gulf Coast Chapter
International Coach Federation